- Check the requirements: Before you start the process, make sure that you know the specific requirements for the document you want to Apostille. You can usually find this information on the website of the relevant authority or organization.
- Get your document notarized: The first step in getting an Apostille is to get your document notarized by a notary public. This involves signing your document in front of the notary and having them confirm your identity.
- Get the document authenticated: Once your document has been notarized, you will need to have it authenticated by the appropriate authority in the US. This could be the Secretary of State or the Department of State, depending on the type of document.
- Submit the document for Apostille: Once your document has been authenticated, you will need to submit it to the appropriate authority in India for Apostille. In India, the Ministry of External Affairs is responsible for issuing Apostilles.
- Pay the fee: You will need to pay a fee for the Apostille service. The fee can vary depending on the type of document and the country where it was issued.
- Wait for the Apostille: Once you have submitted your document and paid the fee, you will need to wait for the Apostille to be issued. This can take several days or weeks, depending on the workload of the Apostille authority.
- Collect your document: Once the Apostille has been issued, you can collect your document from the Apostille authority.
It’s important to note that the process for getting an Apostille can vary depending on the country and the type of document. Make sure to check the specific requirements for your document and follow them carefully to ensure a smooth process.